With the holidays around the corner, it’s time to finish (or start), your gift shopping this year. Here at Good Commerce, we love to support local businesses — and we’ve rounded up some of favourites to share with you! Read on below.
For the Foodie
1. Chiwis - Chiwis are 100% natural snacks that taste amazing and pack a nutritional punch. Chiwis uses upcycled fruits and uses as much of the fruit as possible (including the skin!) for a fiber-filled delicious superfood snack to bring for your lunch bag, on the go, or on top of a mountain.
2. Larry’s Market - A full grocery store and café with a menu developed by Vancouver veggie favourite, chef Brian Skinner of The Acorn acclaim.
3. Marquis Wine - Vancouver's Premiere Wine Store. Changing the way people think about wine one glass at a time.
4. Living Lotus Chocolate - Living Lotus Chocolate creates pure, kind, and beautiful bean to bar chocolate by sourcing clean, ethical ingredients for chocolate lovers seeking joy through the decadence of chocolate.
5. Bucha Brew - Bucha Brew is made with high-quality tea that ferments to become a low-sugar kombucha that is packed with functional benefits that are alive.
6. The Lemon Square - Vancouver's famous Lemon Squares.
For the Home
1. Blue Grouse Wine Cellar - Blue Grouse Wine Cellars is a wine storage solutions provider, specializing in modular/custom wine cellars, climate-controlled cabinets, wine racking and more.
2. Fable Home - Beautiful Designs Meet Sustainability. Browse Our Collection Of Ceramic Dinnerware Today.
3. Spaze Furniture - Spaze Furniture was born from a desire of providing excellent multifunctional furniture to consumers at a fraction of the retail cost.
4. Mike Crane Photography - Award-winning, fine art mountain landscapes from the rugged Canadian wilderness and beyond. Lifetime archival prints for your home and office with a percentage of all sales donated to The Nature Conservancy of Canada.
5. Nathan Gowsell Creative - Colourful, detailed and whimsical drawings that make wonderful prints.
6. Jungle Supply Co - Minimalist & modern pots for the planet.
7. Hello Goodland - GOODLAND is a company producing a line of immersive outdoor living products for the cabin, cottage, or home, meant to enrich our experiences and encourage connection to a simpler way of life.
1. Leze the Label - The hybrid of pyjama feels and polished structure so you can get things done — comfortably.
2. Irit Sorokin Designs - Taking inspiration from global fashion, art, architecture, history and design, Irit Sorokin's designs are created with the finest gemstones and materials.
3. Nettle's Tale - Nettle's Tale Swimwear creates Vancouver made, thoughtfully designed swim suits for women from all walks of life.
4. Honest Boutique - Honest Boutique is locally owned with the goal to provide the latest styles to women all over. Helping them see the beauty inside and out.
5. Homecoming Candles - Based in Vancouver, B.C. Canada, Homecoming Candles is a family-run business that specializes in elevated, non-toxic home goods designed for a life well lived.
6. That Coat - That Coat is a women's rain coat, waterproof, windproof, breathable with the right amount of stretch.
7. Revol Undies - It's simple, at REVOL we want you to embrace the reality of your period. Sometimes heavy, sometimes spotty; whatever it is, we have a pair of undies that will be right for you.
1. Coast Mountain Sports - Our favourite store for all things outdoors, fitness, adventure, style and more.
2. Hippy Pits - Hippy Pits Natural Deodorant uses the best ingredients to make a deodorant that actually works, and doesn't use harmful chemicals like aluminum.
3. Forerunners - Forerunners has been providing top quality running products, expert running advice, and running clinics taught by former Olympian runners.
4. RYU - An innovative brand of tailored urban athletic apparel engineered for the fitness and training of the multi-discipline athlete.
1. Circle Wellness - Combining therapeutic concepts, specialized materials, and technology, Circle Wellness creates multi-sensory experiences and custom wellness designs.
2. Sky Studio - The Lucia Nº03 is a meditation tool that results in intense worlds of colour and shape, a sense of leaving the body and a fully relaxed meditative state.
3. Cascadia Skincare - Over 30 years of proven experience in natural skincare and handmade soap.
Support Local this Season
We hope something caught your eye and we can all do our part to support local businesses this year! Stay tuned for part 2 of this gift guide coming soon!