If you're considering creating a Facebook group for your own company, you'll want to keep reading. Here, we'll explore the differences between Facebook groups and Pages, how to create a Facebook group, and whether or not it's worth the effort. So let’s jump in!
Should I create a Facebook group for my business?
Most businesses should have a Facebook Page. A Page enables you to advertise on Facebook, and it's a public-facing profile to post company-relevant updates and announcements to Facebook users at-large.
A Facebook group, on the other hand, is much smaller-scale and typically more exclusive than a Page. For instance, with a group, you're able to set up open membership, membership upon approval, or even membership by invitation only. Then, once members are accepted into your group, they're able to freely post and engage with one another.
A group is a good idea if you're interested in connecting your customers or leads to one another, you want to facilitate a sense of community surrounding your brand, or you're hoping to showcase your brand as a thought leader in the industry.
How to Create a Facebook Group for Your Business
- On your company's Facebook homepage, click "Groups" on the left-hand side.
- Click the "+ Create New Group".
- Type in a Group Name, and then choose your privacy (Public versus Private). You also have the option to invite Facebook friends immediately if you'd like. Then, click "Create".
- Click "Edit" on your cover photo to choose from Facebook photos, illustrations, or upload a photo from your computer.
- Add a description to your Group so people know what your group is about. Additionally, if you want to create a private group for customers, you can copy-and-paste customer email addresses into your "Invite" box.
And that's it! Your Facebook Group is now ready-to-go.
You're now on your way to engaging with leads, prospects, or customers directly within your Facebook group to increase brand loyalty and value.
At Good Commerce, we offer social media management services such as Facebook! Interested in hearing how Good Commerce can elevate your social media management? Contact us to book a Brand Discovery session and let’s start achieving your business goals together.